123.hp.com/envy5055, Instant Support
123 HP Envy Photo 5055 Printer
Discover the HP Envy Photo 5055 all-in-one wireless inkjet printer that is designed to help the entire family to be creative and stay protective. Print true-to-life borderless photos easily with high-quality and crisp text at home or on the go from all the family member’s devices such as smartphones, tablets, Internet-connected Pcs, Macs, and more. This versatile all-in-one printer works perfect for both home and office for printing, scanning, copying borderless high-quality photos, and documents with crisp and sharp text. It has an Automatic two-sided printing feature that saves nearly 50% of paper usage when you are working in high speed.
This 123.hp.com/envy5055 prints up to 10 pages per minute in black and white and 7 pages per minute in color. Reduce the print interruptions using the Dual-band Wi-Fi and make sure that your wireless connection is steady and print from your own smartphone’s photo album, the cloud or the social media with the help of HP Smart app for smooth mobile printing. This printer holds multiple ink cartridges that are designed to optimize print quality from the first page till the last. Whenever you get low ink cartridge, simply register your HP setup 5055 device online and choose a monthly plan so that you need not order ink again.
123.hp.com/envy5055 System Requirements
You need certain requirements for the Windows and Mac operating systems as well as the Network connection for the compatibility of 123.hp.com/setup5055 printer. The minimum requirement for Windows OS is 10, 8, 7 versions at the speed of 1 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor. It must have at least 2GB hard disk space along with CD drive, USB port, and Internet connection. For Mac computers, you need at least OS X v10.10 (Yosemite), v10.11 (El Capitan), v10.12 (Sierra) at 1GB HD with at least 1.5 GB available space along with Internet access. For enabling the network compatibility on your printer, you require all the operating systems that are mentioned above for both Windows and Mac computers.
First-Time HP Envy Photo 5055 Printer Setup
For the first-time printer setup, follow the methods step-by-step described below to start work with the 123 HP Setup Envy 5055 process.
- Withdraw the 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer from the box, as well as all the tapes and packing materials from outside the printer.
- Peel off the sticker from the control panel of the printer and gently pull the handles on both sides of the printer.
- Lift the ink cartridge access door until it locks into its position. Now remove all the tapes and packing materials from inside the printer.
- Shut the ink cartridge access door gently. Now pull the input tray door and drag it towards you to extend the tray and remove the tape from it.
- Push the input tray until you hear the click sound and sits in its place. Take all the packing materials and recycle it.
- Plug in one end the power cord at the back of the printer, and connect the other end of the power cord into the wall outlet.
- Make sure that you don’t connect the USB cable during this time. The USB connection can be established at the time software installation.
- Switch on the printer and select your preferences on the control panel of the printer. Touch the language you want.
- Select your Country/Region from the control panel and touch Yes option to confirm your choice.
- If the Envy printer prompts you, touch the date and time and again click Yes to confirm your changes.
- This opens the welcome screen on the control panel of the printer. Select Continue to install the ink cartridges.
- The ink cartridges are shipped along with the printer. Lift the ink cartridge access door until it sits to its place.
- The carriage gently moves to the left and wait until it becomes idle and silent. Now continue with the installation process.
- Take out one of the ink cartridges from the package. Make sure that you touch only the black plastic area on the ink cartridge.
- In short, hold the cartridge on its sides. Peel the plastic tape from the ink cartridge without touching the copper-colored contacts.
- Don’t ever replace the protective tape on the contacts or the ink nozzles. Improper handling may cause clogs, or ink failure,
- Also, it causes bad electrical connections. Pull the lid of the ink cartridge slot. Locate the nozzles toward the 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer.
- Insert the ink cartridge into the slot by matching the labels on it until it you hear the click sound and sits into position.
- Insert the black ink cartridge on the right and color ink cartridge on the left of the slot and close the lid of the slot.
- Safeguard the ink cartridge in its place and redo the same for the other ink cartridge also. Shut the ink cartridge access door gently.
- Pull the input tray door and extend the tray by dragging it towards you. Gently glide the paper guides to the extreme position.
- Load a plain A4 or U.S. letter paper in a portrait orientation with the print side facing downwards.
- Push the stack of papers into the tray and glide the paper guides against tha paper without bending the paper.
- Again close the tray and touch Done button on the control panel. Now open the output tray and pull the tray extender.
- Open the scanner lid and keep the alignment page with the print side downwards on the scanner glass.
- Shut the lid gently and touch OK and wait till the printer aligns the ink cartridges. Press OK when it completes.
HP Envy Photo 5055 Features
- HP Envy specs has ink jet color printing technology and acts a multifunction printer.
- The display diagonal size of the control panel screen is 2.2” with touchscreen feature.
- It prints up to 1000 pages and has touchscreen display features.
- It is inbuilt with HP thermal inkjet Technology.
- This printer holds two ink cartridges: 1 black and 1 color (cyan, magnenta, and yellow).
- The standard memory of 123 HP Setup Envy Photo 5055 is up to 256 MB.
- This product is enabled with the wireless network including HP Envy 5055 mobile printing capabilities such as Apple AirPrint, HP ePrint, and Mopria Print Service.
- The maximum printing resolution is up to 1200 x 1200 dpi (mono) and 4800 x 1200 dpi (color).
- Download and install the latest version of the Envy 5055 printer driver.
- Load A4 or U.S. letter paper in the input tray.
- Before you start to print, open the print window to change the settings.
- Edit the document by adjusting the font and its size, layout options, and appearance settings.
- Go to File menu, and click Print option. Open Printer properties for more and advanced print options.
- Select OK and then click Print.
- For printing on both sides of the paper, enable the duplex settings on the driver.
- Load enough paper to avoid page order issues.
- Click on the file that you want to print and select Print option.
- Select the name of the printer on the computer and open Printer Setup page.
- Under Printing Shortcuts category, click Print on both sides option or select Two-sided (Duplex) Printing option based on the options available.
- Now choose the binding page or flip option depending on your choice.
- Select OK button to save the changes you have made and click the Print button to start printing.
HP Envy Photo 5055 Copy
- Copy the documents or photos from your 123 HP Setup Envy 5055 printer scanner by following the steps below.
- On the scanner glass load the document or photo.
- Else, load the document in the automatic document feeder (ADF) but don’t load the photo here.
- On the control panel. touch the option called Copy, Copy Documents, or Copy photo.
- Touch the gear icon or the Settings option to open the advanced settings for copying the document.
- Enable 2-sided Copying option when you want to copy on both sides of the paper.
- Select ID copy option to print both sides of the identity card or driver’s license.
- This action prompts you to flip the ID card to complete the copy job.
- Change the size of the copy by selecting Size, Resize, Fit to Page, and actual Size based on your preferences.
- Also, select the size and type of the paper to reduce the slow copy speeds.
- Enable the Tray Selection option to select the tray where you want to print from.
- Save all your current settings. If you want to restore all the copy settings, select Restore Factory Defaults.
- Go back to the main screen, select the color of the copy you want, and click OK to copy the selected document.
HP Scan Setup 5055
- To perform scanning, install the full-featured printer driver from our website and set up the printer connection to the computer. After completing the printer setup, follow the steps below to scan documents or photos.
- Locate the document on the scanner glass with the printed side facing downward and shut the scanner li gently.
- Scan multiple pages at one time using the automatic document Feeder (ADF) feature.
- Select the computer name and click the scan button.
- Wait until the scanning process completes and return to the computer.
- 123 HP Setup Envy 5055 Printer saves the scanned file in the Scan folder.
- Preview or edit the scan before you save the file using the options under Scan menu.
- Select OK or click Save icon in the shortcut menu to save the settings.
- Repeat the steps for scanning photos and the email by following the preceding steps.
123.hp.com/envy5055 Driver Download and Installation
For printing, connect your printer to the computer and the network. Install the latest version of the HP Envy 5055 printer driver on your computer. Enter the name of your printer on our website and install the latest version of the driver. After downloading, go to the Print option under settings menu and select the name of your printer to add the printer device the computer.
123 HP Mobile Printing Solutions
Certain requirements are needed for printing from Apple iOS devices. Apple AirPrint is a software that gives you a solution to print from these devices. Using this software you can print from iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch over a wireless network after the 123.hp.com/envy5055 Setup.
- Make sure that your Apple device runs the iOS later than 4.2 version.
- Verify whether your HP printer supports AirPrint software.
- Connect the printer and the Apple device to the same local network either by Wi-Fi or wireless direct.
- Open the file from your Apple device that you want to print and click the Action icon to show the menu.
- Click Print button or Print icon based on the file type.
- Click Select Printer option under Printers menu and click on the name of your printer.
- Click Options button to change the settings and choose the number of copies you want to print and then click Print.
123.hp.com/envy5055 ePrint Setup
Printing can be made from any place with an active Internet connection using HP ePrint software. This is completely a cloud-based secured service where you can simply send the document or photo to the email that you want to print directly from the printer.
- First, check the requirements whether the printer meets all the necessary equipment.
- Check whether your printer supports HP ePrint and check the logo button or icon on the control panel of the printer.
- Connect the printer to the wired Ethernet or a wireless network.
- Enable the Web Services from the control panel of your printer or switch on the Embedded Web Server (EWS). This allows the printer to communicate over the network.
- Wait for the printer until it prints the Important Printer Setup Instructions or Get the Most out of Your 123.hp.com/envy5055 Printer.
- This information page contains the printer email address or the printer claim code.
- Type the email address in the To: field and enter the subject. Type the mail and attach the file.
- Do not exceed more than 10 MB and select Print to print the data.
USB Print Setup 5055
For 123.hp.com/envy5055 USB print setup, turn on the printer and obtain a USB cable in the length of at least 3 meters. Connect one end of the USB cable at the rear of the printer and the other end in the USB port but not in USB hub or docking station. Remove all the print devices under Print settings. Now remove the cable and then connect it again. Follow the steps to install the driver and complete the USB print set up for your printer.
- Download and install the full-featured printer driver from the website by entering the model name of your printer.
- If you want to perform a guided driver installation download HP Easy Start app and follow the instructions to install.
- Else, download the software for the printer using Windows Built-in Solution and click Learn option for installation steps.
- After downloading, the installer application prompts you to select the connection type.
- Choose USB under options and continue to proceed the USB print setup. Based on your printer functions try to print, scan, or fax.
HP Envy Photo 5055 Wireless Protected Setup
For connecting the printer, computer, mobile, or any wireless device to the wireless Internet, a network password is required. After you subscribe to the Internet service, the Internet Service Provider (ISP) gives you a network password. Look on your wireless router for the password or refer the original paper that came along with the ISP. The password is named as Wireless key, security password, WPA2, or WEP key.
123.hp.com/setup5055 WPS Windows
- In Windows computer, search for View network connection and open it from the list of displayed search results.
- This opens the list of the connected network. Right-click on the network name you have connected.
- Select Status option and open Wireless Properties feature. Go to the Security tab and choose the Show characters check box.
- This displays the wireless network key and it is the password for the wireless router.
- If you are not able to locate the password, call your ISP for guidance.
123.hp.com/setup5055 WPS Mac
- In Mac computer, you need open the Keychain Access application. Select Go option under Find menu.
- Open Utilities and click Keychain Access application. Under the Keychains list, select Local Items.
- Below the Category list, select Passwords. Double-click on your wireless network name.
- Select Show password checkbox. When it prompts, enter the administrator password and click OK.
- If not, find the password at the bottom of the wireless router in the name of a wireless key, WPA key, security password, WPA, WPA2, or WEP password.
- Else, find the network name and password in the welcome letter from ISP or contact Internet Service Provider for guidance.